Work and Workers - Empresa de Trabalho Temporário, Lda., is looking for bright Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer for challenging projects, for a Client Company, located in Lisbon.
The role of the Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer is to contribute to the development of existing products and to design completely new solutions, mostly to be integrated into highly challenging optomechanical projects in the space sector.
Key responsibilities include:
• Development of concepts and detailed mechanical designs and integration into products;
• Design justification, mostly via Finite Element Analysis (structural and thermal);
• Contribute and improve design quality through standardization and process efficiency.
• Ability to model complex forms in 2D and 3D CAD software (Solid Works, CATIA);
• Experience in the use of FEA tools (NASTRAN, Hyperworks, ANSYS);
• Knowledge of micro-adjustment mechanisms, dimensioning gears, bearings, fasteners, welds, electrical motors, and structural components (preferential);
• Experience in the development and design of products through the full life cycle from requirements definition to manufacturing, acceptance, and delivery to the customer;
• Experience in optomechanical design and space systems is highly valued;
• Comfortable in working and presenting results in English (mandatory):
• Ability to provide ideas, creativity and to bring rigorous analytical methods to bear design problems;
• Demonstrate ability and initiative to get to the heart of a problem and take it through to completion;
• Ability to learn autonomously and quickly.
• Direct Contract with the Client Company;
• Opportunities in Portugal to work on a project for the development of optomechanical equipment for the space sector;
• Health insurance and other benefits.